We have been preparing our project for many weeks. After resigning from our jobs, we still needed to say goodbye to a lot of people with whom we spent these fantastic 3 last years. The schedule was complicated because we were in the middle of the extended weekend because of Memorial Day here in the USA, many families usually decide to go to the countryside for this long weekend. Also the weather is always a risk here in Seattle.
So we decided to have a big party by mixing our friends, colleagues and other meetings.
In the end we were a little more than 40 people in our garden. A little organization was needed:
- Table and chair rental ( https://www.aurorarents.com )
- Rent wooden games to have a good time with friends ( https://www.yetiyardgames.com )
- Groceries and catering by Costco (my God, thanks to America for this store, it is in this kind of events that we understand better the usefulness of this store)
- Buying an inflatable bar (many people ask me during the party or buy this! https://www.partycity.com/inflatable-palm-tree-oasis-cooler-302830.html )
- A little of our time and that of our friends to prepare quiches, tiramisu, gougeres, pico de gallo, samosas, tacos (the best in the world), mojito, apple pie, ... (here you will find the recipe of french gougeres, but Laure is cooking them better than anyone !
Being in the move out / return to France / sale of car (thank you Rajat!), We had planned a kind of garage-sale to sell the last little things that we had not sold or that we had not thought to sell rather. We named this: World Tour Beer Fund / Pick 'n Tip
This was a real success, we will be able to drink 320 beers thinking to all our US friends!
The party was beautiful, the weather perfect, and we were able to enjoy our friends fully one last time before our leave. So we did not take as many pictures as that, and took advantage of these last moments all together. A success.
A very big thank you to Rajat, Payal, Laure and Rodolphe, Valerie and the family, Ed, Priya, Alberto, Pepe and Matt, Marie and Dudu for their invaluable and appreciated help and to all to have come for this party!