So equipment is a significant aspect of a trip around the world. It is your "house". We have begun to think for several weeks or even months of what we must take, what we need, what we want to take during this trip and it is not obvious. As the departure date approaches we have an increasingly minimalist vision of what we are going to take. And it is possible that subsequently it will be reduced again (at the time this page is written we are less than 2 months of departure)
Here are the highlights of our equipment:
- 3 backpack
- Thomas: Rei Ruckpack 65 liters:https://www.rei.com/product/127982/rei-co-op-ruckpack-65-travel-pack
- Emma: Rei Ruckpack 40 liters:https://www.rei.com/product/118816/rei-co-op-ruckpack-40-pack-womens
- The little backpack for the everyday that comes with the Rei Ruckpack 65 liters
Voila for containers
- A mini travel pharmacy: with essentials for everyday life and a little more: pensemant, alcohol, Doliprane, Advil, anti-diarrhea, ...
- A hygiene kit including travel laundry (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B073QVM42Q/ ), string to let clothes drying, toothbrush, deodorant. For Emma probably a little more ... (cream, some makeup)
- 1 microfiber towel each
- Our clothes, this includes t-shirts, shorts, 1 jeans each, linen trousers, hiking pants, ...
- 1 pair de good walking shoes each. (light one)
- Our legal papers: passport, French and American driving license, and the international vaccination booklet (compulsory in some countries)
- A game pack! with Exploding Kittens, a deck of cards and dice for rainy days
- Sunscreen !!!
- Flip flop
- A DJI Spark drone with 3 batteries:https://www.dji.com/spark, to make beautiful aerial shots
- A Go Pro Hero 5 camera with 2 batteries and some accessorieshttps://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero5-black/CHDHX-502-master.html
- A computer and a tablet (to stay connected and maintain the blog and social networks)
- An Apple Mac Book Pro 13 ":https://www.apple.com/fr/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MPXT2FN/A&step=config#
- A Microsoft Surface Pro 2:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4037654/surface-surface-pro-2-features
- An external hard drive to unload SD cards in places with little connectivity
- Our 2 phones: an Iphone 6 and 7
- An external battery to charge phones, Go Pro, and Mac.
It seems a lot but it's for 18 months !! And we are a little geeks!
We will therefore travel rather light, probably 20-30kg to the maximum.
Photos are coming on D-Day for the packing